Wednesday, October 6, 2010

In the dark...

... this title could be used as a metaphor for my current positioning in life. But that's beside the point.


I thoroughly despise driving to work in the dark. I loath the fact that 5:30 a.m. feels like an absolute joke when I wake up. I want to chuck my cell phone at the nearest boulder when I hear it's alarm sound for the seventh consecutive time (My average snooze number is 13). My entire life, I've never been a morning person. I come from a long line of nappers, sleep-er in-ers, and folks who enjoy nothing more than a little shut-eye. It's a trait I've inevitably inherited and I wear my "Sleep is good" badge proudly on my chest. 


Which brings me to my next point of discussion... 
My arch nemisis.


It's the "I'm only tired between the hours of 10 p.m. and 8 a.m." kind of people. 
You know who you are. What is it with you guys and the need to know the exact cause of my fatigue? I'm just tired. I don't know why. I can't magically become more alert just because you think I'm weird. So, I've decided that I need to come up with an answer for you all. And I will let you know tomorrow morning, after I sleep on it.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...