Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Nikki Z's Ultimate Top 40


Since I started this whole blogging ordeal, I've had multiple friends request that I write a post dedicated to music. I don't like to toot my own horn (toot toot) but I consider myself something of a musical guru. 

Like, you know that game you play in the car where the Car DJ plays a few seconds of a song and  you try to guess the title and artist as quickly as possible? What?! No one else plays that?!?! Well, I'm a 3 time gold medalist in that game.

Now, most people don't have an absolute favorite song, but I do, because I'm a freak. It's "Crash Into Me", the single most overplayed Dave Matthews song of all time. I get chills every time I hear it. It makes no sense whatsoever but I can firmly say that there is no better song than that, in my opinion.

So, here... I'm disclosing my top 40 songs aka the soundtrack of my life. How did I select them, you ask? Well, I went through my iPod and wrote down all the songs that were physically impossible to skip over without listening to them in their entirety. I also asked my closest friends what song came to mind when they thought of me. These are the people who know me the best. Some of their responses scared me, because I could totally understand why they associated each particular song with my persona, no matter how ridiculous that song may be... Ehhhemmm... ("Milkshake" by Kelis). 

You might think I'm crazy. You might think I'm a genius. 
Frankly, I don't give a damn.
It's my list. And I stick my tongue out towards the haters.

  • "Closer" by NeYo - If this song is slick, then the video is Slick Rick.

  • "Night Moves" by Bob Seger
  • "Gettin' Jiggy With It" by Will Smith
  • "Midnight Train To Georgia" by Gladys Knight and The Pips
  • "I Believe In A Thing Called Love" by The Darkness
  • "Shower The People" by James Taylor
  • "She Talks To Angels" by The Black Crowes
  • "PYT" by Michael Jackson
  • "Yellow" by Coldplay
  • "What If I Came Knocking" by John Mellencamp - It has a rough, sexy, edgy-ness that I love.
  • "Best I Ever Had" by Drake
  • "Dancing In The Dark" by Bruce Springsteen
  • "I Try" by Macy Gray
  • "Summertime" by Kenny Chesney
  • "Dream On" by Aerosmith
  • "You Send Me" by Aretha Franklin
  • "Sweet Lady" by Tyrese
  • "I Want You Back" by NSYNC
  • "Sure Thing" by Miguel
  • "Valerie" by Amy Winehouse
  • "Soon I'll Be Loving You" by Marvin Gaye - You can't not like this man.
  • "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen
  • "Never Can Say Goodbye" by The Jackson 5
  • "I Have Nothing" by Whitney Houston
  • "Mr. Jones" by The Counting Crows
  • "Slow Jamz" by Kanye West
  • "Hear Me" by Kelly Clarkson
  • "Milkshake" by Kelis
  • "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman
  • "Rearview Mirror" by Pearl Jam - Pissed off? Bad break-up? Give this a listen.
  • "Ordinary People" by John Legend
  • "Getting In The Way" by Jill Scott
  • "Untitled (How Does It Feel) by D'Angelo
  • "All By Myself" by Celine Dion
  • "That's All" by Genesis
  • "Nothing Even Matters" by Lauryn Hill
  • "One Headlight" by The Wallflowers
  • "Ain't Nobody" by Chaka Khan
  • "Crash Into Me" by Dave Matthews
  • "You Gotta Be" by Desiree - I dare you to listen to this song when you're in a bad mood.


Dear "Now That's What I Call Music" people,

Go ahead, give my people a ring. I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...